September 22, 2022
Even though I have MANY books on my shelves I have not yet read, including those recently acquired, and even though my list of books I intend to request from the library is long, I still covet many new books–yet to be released this fall or recently released. Here’s my list:
- Lucy By The Sea by Elizabeth Strout
- A World of Curiosities by Louise Penny (Nov 29)
- Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Rayburn
- The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O’Farrell
- The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman
- The Ski Jumpers by Peter Geye
- The Evening Hero by Marie Myung-Ok Lee
- Lessons by Ian McEwan
Oh, and I am attracted to the British Library Women Writers Series–forgotten works by mid-century women writers. I think there are 18 in the series.
- Sacred Nature: Restoring Our Ancient Bond with the Natural World by Karen Armstrong
- A Place in the World, Finding the Meaning of Home by Frances Mayes
- Hagitude, Reimagine the Second Half of Life by Sharon Blackie
- How We Live Is How We Die by Pema Chodron
The scary thing is that I know I will be enticed by many other titles along the way–and every time I enter a bookstore. I guess as addictions go this problem isn’t too bad.
What new books are tempting you? I would love to know.